GAZEBO TENDER DOCUMENT
Part 1 – GENERAL
1. Drawings and general provisions of the Subcontract apply to this Section.
2. Review these documents for coordination with additional requirements and information that apply to work under this section.
B. Section Includes:
1. Furnishing and Installing framing pieces, fittings of Poly Fibre ® Gazeboplates, bolts, and providing special instructions,templates and setting plans for their installation.
2. Installing Poly Fibre ® Gazebo shown on the Drawings.
3. Supplying complete section drawings and instructions.
1. Division 1 Section “General Requirements”
2. Division 1 Section “Special Procedures”
1. The following documents form part of the Specifications to the extend stated. Where differences exist between codes and standards, the one affording the greatest protection for their shall apply.
2. Unless otherwise noted, the reference standard edition is the current one at the time of commencement of the work.
3. Refer to Division 1 Section General Requirements for the list of applicable regulatory requirements.
B. Manual of Steel Construction of the AISC9th edition.
C. ASTM International applicable standards.
A.Submit under provisions of Division 1 Section “General Requirements”
B.Submit shop detail drawings.
C. Submit manufacturer’s specifications and installation instructions.
D. Prior to installation, provide complete shop, erection, installation and assembly drawings for the work, including anchor bolt setting plan as required to assemble all parts, componentsand accessories. Drawings shall indicate he piece marks of all parts to be erected or assembled and clearly depict the methods and sequence of assembly and erection.
E. Copies of shop drawings, including erection drawings, shall be submitted to the Department for review before the start of fabrication. The Department review is of a general nature only, and all responsibilities for compliance with Drawings, specifications and dimensions shall remain with the Subcontractor.The Subcontractor shall verify all layout dimensions with the Drawings, and will notify the Department of any discrepancy and/or omission, Do not installed any members until all dimensions have been verified and resolved.
F. Following the manufacturer’s final inspection submit the manufacturer’s certification in accordance with Paragraph 3.3A.
1.4 QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. The manufacturer shall be experienced in the manufacture of Poly Fibre ®structure of equivalent type, size and complexity required by these Subcontract documents. Manufacturer shall have a minimum of 10 years in manufacturing Poly Fibre Structures.
2. The subcontractor will certify in writing that materials have been tested in accordance with a certified quality assurance program and have been proven to be satisfactory for the use intended by these subcontract documents.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A.Deliver to the site all materials required for erection. Place members and components off the ground using pallets, platforms or other supports. Provide covers, and protect members and packaged materials from the weather.
Part 2 – PRODUCTS
A. The Polyfibre Structure for the work will be IFR manufactured Fibergrate corporation and will be furnished to the Subcontractor by the department. The Poly Fibre Structure shall be transported from their storage location installed by the subcontractor.
B. Fasteners and saddle clips : 304 stainless steel (S.S.)
A. Structural members, fasteners, and accessories shall be shop fabricated in accordance with applicable ASTM standards.
B. Materials furnished shall be within the standard industry tolerances for that material as specified by the manufacturer.
C. Manufacturer’s workmanship shall be such that the parts are accurately made and true to dimension so that in erection of same all parts will properly fit together.
D. The dimensional tolerances of Polyfibre shapes shall be as specified in ASTM 3917-80 “Standard Specifications for Dimensional Tolerances of Thermosetting Glass Reinforced Plastic Structures”.
E.All Poly Fibre members that are cut or drilled shall have those affected surfaces sealed with catalyzed resin sealant prior to installation. The resin and other materials used shall be compatible with the environment and as a minimum shall be similar to , if not the same, as the base resin used.
F. Fabrication and installation of all Poly Fibre shapes shall be done in such a way as to prevent attack from corrosive agents, Extra care should be taken to prevent any damage to the Poly Fibresections. Scratches and gauges as well as all cut edges and drilled holes, shall be resin sealed to prevent excessive attack of the laminate. The resin and other materials used shall be compatible with the environment and as a minimum shall be similar to, if not the same,as the base resin used. Drilled holes may be oversized a maximum of 1/16 inch.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
A. The subcontractor shall examine the areas and conditions under which the work is to be installed. Do not proceed with the work until unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected. Beginning of installation means the erector accepts existing conditions.
B.Erect Polyfibre structure and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer’s erection drawings and as directed by manufacturer’s written recommendations.
C.All framing work shall be true to line, level and plumb.
D.In order to prevent secondary stresses, do not force members in to position. Plan erection sequences accordingly.
E.Provide temporary bracing and supports as required to ensure frame stability during erection.
F.Completed poly fibre structure shall comply with approved erection tolerances and shop drawing requirements.
G.Poly Fibre Structure is to be fastened to support members with1/4 inch diameter fasteners in the following pattern: two fasteners located between the third and fourth vertical on each end of a panel and one fastener in the middle on intermediate supports.
H.See paragraph 2.2F for protection and repair of members and assembly.
A. Upon completion of work contained in these specifications, leave all work and premises clean and in satisfactory condition.
A.The completed assembly shall undergo a final inspection by manufacturer’s representative to clarify that the finished product has been erected in accordance with the manufacturer’s shop drawings and these specifications.